A short list of some of the new features and changes to Empressr v.5
I don’t generally like long gaps in code pushes, but this particular push has some substantial changes in the underlying Empressr Engine. The first thing you will notice is that objects placed on the canvas are now selectable anywhere as opposed to having to grab a handle, the feedback as you move and manipulate objects is much tighter and responsive. This was a major redevelopment and the reason it took so long to push this version. A list of new things:
- Empressr now has a smaller application footprint aka uses less memory so you can now do bigger presentations without running the risk of running out of memory
- fullscreen slide sorter, making it easier to organize your presentation
- You’ll notice that both the application and the viewer load 100% faster than v.4 w00t
- We now only load fonts that you are using in your presentation and no longer load a default set, this saves about 1MB of things you may or may not have been using
- Flex 3, we are now Flex 3 which by default is substantially faster than Flex 2
- Optimized thumb-nailing with less server calls
- Optimized 3rd party api calls for faster results in your searches
- Publish your Empressr as you save your work, less steps means more efficiency = happy users
- In-line preview of your work
- Import from PowerPoint will auto-preview
…and finally with this big new code push it is going to allow us to focus on bringing more detailed features for things like text, video and images and much faster fashion, so stay tuned.
go create something now!